We have decided to do a special "Letter of Gratitude" to the Honour and Glory of our Lord and Saviour - JESUS!
We also want to thank you for being vehicles through which He has worked in our lives and in the lives of those whom we serve!
We have so much news, I do not know where to begin...
1. We have really kicked off with speed this year. We have expanded and changed our Life Skills Programme. In 2 of the 4 classes which we have already had, 15 people gave their hearts to Jesus during January and February!
2. Our computers were stolen on more than one occasion during the last part of 2009. In the meanwhile we had to transport our students to another training venue (Thank you to Marius from the Skills College) every morning and fetch them in the afternoon. In this time the “bakkie” (pickup) broke down several times… We kept on doing what we had to, trusting the Lord and finally during last week I got an e-mail with prices of small Laptops which I could not ignore - so we were able to purchase 8! They are so cute and do their job so well!
|George and John setting up the new lap tops
||We are back home again!
We have also adopted a new Computer Training curriculum.
3. Another wonderful miracle is the fact that our new Webpage is being built and should be operational not far from now. We are so excited about the outlay...
4. BEAM Africa USA is in the process of being registered as a 501(c)3 Company.... We should have a word about that within 4 weeks from now. Please pray for us that it will be accepted and all will go smoothly. The wonderful thing is that those sowing into this Ministry in the USA will then be able to claim from their Income Tax...
5. Those who have visited us, will remember Anna - a very robust teenage girl at the Ministry. Well last year she asked me on three occasions if she could go on a camp... I did not know how that would be possible, but said that I would try my best to find out. I believe JESUS heard her request. An opportunity came our way to send all the Grade 7 - Grade 11 children on a 4 day camp during this coming holiday. The only obstacle in our way was finances. Then on Friday came the Colorado gift (of the past 3 months) of all those that have been contributing to the "Sponsor a child" programme. So now we are so excited and can start working to tell the children about it!!! (THANK YOU JESUS)
6. We have started a Net Ball team – The pictures speak for themselves!
||Asanda, our cook has taken responsibility!
What a wonderful blessing Asanda has been since she has started with us 4 months ago! (Asanda was one of the girls who came for training last year and gave her heart to Jesus during Life Skills classes!)
7. BEAM Africa has exhibited on a local Missions Fest which originated in Canada. Ministries from all over Africa come to this event every second year! It was such a blessed time to be able to share with likeminded people. Jackie Pullinger from Hong Kong was the main speaker. She had such a healing message for Africa! We would love to share the DVD!
8. Louis is very busy at BEAM House! We have had our fair share of challenges, from walls that crashed to a complete dysfunctional electrical system!
||Same part of the house – Louis doubling the lounge area
9. Prayer Matters:
We would like to ask your continued prayer for our safety and security at the Centre in Nellmapius. Training, Spiritual as well as Technical has become the key to assist people to become free from manipulation under the sangomas (witch doctors). We had another burglary on Tuesday night 2 days after the new lap tops arrived. They just tore/cut open our roof and broke down where they wanted to enter. It also seems that they were using children / youth to gain access to very small areas.
Pray also for our personal safety as a family please. The children have been ill for the past 3 weeks
Please pray for the children who are going on the camp. Our desire is to introduce them to the One who can give all a Hope and a Future...
The registration of BEAM USA and guidance for the future of BEAM as a whole.
Please pray for the finances which should finish BEAM House to be on time and not delayed in some way.
10. Marketing issues and job creation: Together with our friend from the Skills College we are busy with research for products which could be exported to all our friends. I will place photos when we are ready with proper prices as well as samples. All previous products can still be ordered. Please let us know well ahead of time so that the groups can take back orders to try and cut cost.